The Society caters for all who are interested in promoting the study of Irish History and Archaeology whether they are specialists or amateurs.
Benefits of membership
- Members receive a copy of the annual journal: Journal of the Cork Archaeological & Archaeological Society (ISSN: 0010-8731).
- Each year during the winter months a series of lectures on historical, archaeological and allied subjects is arranged for Members; admission is free.
- Annual Christmas lecture.
- Each year during the summer months outings to places of historical and archaeological interest are arranged for Members. The outings are usually held on Sundays and guide-lecturers accompany the parties.
- Members can take advantage of reduced prices on some other Society publications.
- Members are placed on an email list (if they wish) so that they can be informed of events, e.g. book launches, or offers of historical or archaeological interest.
How to join
Subscriptions fall due on January 1 each year. If you are interested in the promotion of the cultural aims of the Society, we shall be pleased to hear from you and we cordially invite you to request an Application Form (either download here, or available from Mr Liam Ronayne, Hon. Treasurer, CHAS, 13 Dunedin, Connaught Avenue, Cork T12 K79Y, Ireland).
This article is copyright © CHAS 2019