To complement the Digital JCHAS project, all the currently available indexes of the Journal are now searchable online — 40,999 entries to date. Margaret Lantry has digitised the six printed indexes and inserted the content into a database. The latest digital-only index is now also inserted into this database.
The printed indexes are:
- Index 1892-1940 compiled by Denis J. O’Donoghue. 104pp. Printed by Cork University Press in 1943.
- Index 1941-1960 compiled by Denis J. O’Donoghue. 54pp. Published by the Society in 1964.
- Index 1961-1970 compiled by Denis J. O’Donoghue. 38pp. Published by the Society in 1976.
- Index 1971-1985 compiled by Ann Barry. 109pp. + books reviewed 5pp. Published by the Society in 1989.
- Index 1986-1995 compiled by Julitta Clancy. 47pp. + books reviewed 5pp. Published by the Society in 1996.
- Index 1996-2005 compiled by Julitta Clancy. Published by the Society in 2007.
- Index 2006-2015 compiled by Julitta Clancy. Published by the Society online in 2017.
The first six printed Indexes are also available for purchase: please contact the Hon. Treasurer — more information on Journal page, scroll down to ‘Purchasing back issues and indexes’.
James Grove White also indexed his four-volume work: Historical and topographical notes, etc., on Buttevant, Doneraile, Mallow, and places in their vicinity. Margaret Lantry has made the index of Volume 1 available to search and she will publish the indexes to the other three volumes as time allows in due course.
Margaret has donated her work and time on the Indexes to the Society.
This article is copyright © CHAS 2019